Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Video of our Stryker Run today

3K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Stryker1 
#1 ·
Derek Short & I went out today for a run through the twisties out in the hills East of San Diego, got some good video which I edited down to 7 min. (YouTube clip below).
About 1:45 in we pick up the speed in the faster sections of the ride. Take note of the dark clouds in the sky which make for an awesome backdrop on this video.
About 3:20 in you will see Derek & I swapping leads. When we get into the fast-sweeping turns you will hear the footpegs scraping left & right. Extremely fun ride.
The video views better if you go directly to the YouTube page instead of viewing it in this tiny box..
Enjoy :thumb:

PS: for anyone wondering, neither of our bikes are lowered and both have stock suspension setups and stock tires.

#2 ·
Nice video, one thing I can say is I do miss the roads in Cali. Used to ride Rt 1 from Petaluma to San Fran all the time. Beautiful and a good balance of twisties and sweepers. What mods do you have done to your bike?

#3 ·
to answer your questions on our mods:

My bike: Vance & Hines Twin Slash Staggered, Barons Air intake, DynoJet Power Commander, and it was dialed in on the Dyno. I also have the 30 tooth front pully and steel braded brake lines.

Derek’s bike: Vance & Hines Big Radius, Cobra air intake, auto tuner

PS: if you had your R1 out running with us we would have seen your tail lights for a very short time before you ran away :biggrin1:

#10 ·
Nice i almost bought the baron's intake, but decided on the SS custom cycles skull cap instead. Waiting on delivery still.

My R1 was a beast for sure, fun bike but I ditched it due to an overheating gremlin I was having. If I stopped the coolant temp warning would go off and the bike wouldn't restart till it cooled off. I had a full titanium exhaust which eventually heat wrapped hoping that would force more heat away from the engine, PCIII and dyno tuned, replaced the thermostat. nothing seemed to work, which was an issue at the race track, so i parted with it. My dream bike was always the R1, so I can at least say I owned one.

Your friend having the V&H / cobra auto tuner issue I have been reading so much about? I love V&H pipes but not sure about buyin 'em if that's going to be an issue.

#8 ·
Nice Vid SD! Always great to see different scenes where we ride. GOPRO is on my list for next year!

#11 ·
No ryderjay, neither Derek or I have had any issues with our V&H pipes. I haven’t been following those threads too closely, but if I’m not mistaken those issues are because the bike is not setup right. I did the complete “Stage 1” mod and it screams at any elevations, sea level to 4,400 ft. above sea. Derek has the auto tune and he hangs with me just fine and hasn’t mentioned any issues. I would highly recommend the V&H for this bike.

#12 ·
What mount? And Where did you mount the GoPro , I see the fender and was curious- I plan on getting the Hero 3+ soon. Hopefully in time for Daytona Biketoberfest - Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.