Yamaha Star Stryker banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Can someone who's had a a Kawa Vulcan 900 give me a fair comaparison to the Star Stryker in terms of ninbleness, suspension, comfort, and just overall satisfaction?

I have a VN900 LT and I have to say, I'm pretty dissapointed. I had to install a mustang seat due to lack of confort. I went from the 180 to the 200 metz rear tire to free up the revs (and I can do better if I swap the rear pulley). I'm so uncomfortable with the stock handlebars, that I'm thinking to install a 12" mini apes since I get tire of reaching for them. the suspension system is killing my back, that's gonna cost me around $500 bucks if I opt for progression shocks. The power, is just not there, withing the first week, I outgrew the **** thing.

So when I think on how much more money I have to spend to get to where I can be somewhat satisfied; I wonder if it's worth it. Can someone feel my pain?

Regards,
chalomalo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
967 Posts
Sorry to hear of your bad deal. I had before my Stryker a Suzuki SE C 50 which is close to what you have. I had it for almost 5 years and have to be honest, Loved it. It had great power for a 800cc, sat low and handeled great, but I out grew it and wanted more power. Also was limited to what I could do to the Suzuki. The Stryker looks almost unlimited.

If your starting to look at putting in this much money to try to get closer to what you want I say "Sell and take a loss now" Because the loss later will just get worst. The Vulcan is a sellable bike, and you should have little problem selling.

Now how to I feel about my Stryker after my love affair with my Suzuki. ;D ;D ;D Wow. I don't miss the Suzuki at all. This bike is so much better in every way and more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
362 Posts
Good one, KCL! ;D I went from a Suzuki M50 to the Stryker. I was pretty happy with the M50 but the difference is night and day compared to the Stryker. If you decide to sell the Vulcan and get a stryker, you wont be disappointed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
743 Posts
chalomalo said:
Hey guys,

Can someone who's had a a Kawa Vulcan 900 give me a fair comaparison to the Star Stryker in terms of ninbleness, suspension, comfort, and just overall satisfaction?

I have a VN900 LT and I have to say, I'm pretty dissapointed. I had to install a mustang seat due to lack of confort. I went from the 180 to the 200 metz rear tire to free up the revs (and I can do better if I swap the rear pulley). I'm so uncomfortable with the stock handlebars, that I'm thinking to install a 12" mini apes since I get tire of reaching for them. the suspension system is killing my back, that's gonna cost me around $500 bucks if I opt for progression shocks. The power, is just not there, withing the first week, I outgrew the **** thing.

So when I think on how much more money I have to spend to get to where I can be somewhat satisfied; I wonder if it's worth it. Can someone feel my pain?

Regards,
chalomalo
chalo, that's a trip that you ride the vulcan 900. i'd been looking at the VN900 customs the last few years but i was just waiting for the right color. finally i saw the stryker and i was sold!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
BackinBlack said:
Good one, KCL! ;D I went from a Suzuki M50 to the Stryker. I was pretty happy with the M50 but the difference is night and day compared to the Stryker. If you decide to sell the Vulcan and get a stryker, you wont be disappointed.
Haa I Was Looking At The M50 Also.. 2010 Model But Not Released In US.... Glad I Got The Stryker!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Much obliged all, :-\

Keep those comments coming. I'm still waiting for the one comparison to bring the message home. :eek:

Ciao a tutti,
chalomalo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
276 Posts
Last week I traded in my 09 vulcan 900 custom se, loved the bike but the rpms at freeway speed out here in cali drove me crazy, the stryker to me is a much better bike hands down, comfort awesome, freeway speeds well at 80 I feel like the bike is saying give me some gas, servicing is so much better, plugs and oil filter are so easy to get to, the 210 on the back looks great, I used to think will this bike hold up on a ride to arizona or vegas at freeway speeds, this bike I would take anywhere, as far as my bigger payment I would do it again in a second, to me its worth it.... Only thing I miss on my vulcan is the 5.4 gallon tank.... good luck with what ever you decide.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
**** I almost bought the black 900 till I saw the Stryker. This is my first and only bike I've owned but glad I didn't get the Vulcan. The narrow width of the front tire made me nervous. I couldnt be happier with my Stryker thank you yamaha for a good job lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29 Posts
There is no such thing as the perfect motorcycle! Most people don't put much consideration into ergonomics when they purchase a new bike but after a few thousand miles it can become a number 1 priority. I really like my stryker but plan on spending about $3000 to make it suit me. This is just something I assume when I purchase a bike. If you really can't live with the high RPM at highway speeds you should consider a larger displacement bike. The ergonomics of the Stryker are good for a large variety of body sizes, it's pretty nimble for a big bike, I find the suspension good but a bit harsh, the front brake could be stronger and the fuel injection needs help. Hope this helps you out some.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
50 Posts
My brother has a 09 Black 900 Vulcan and he really does love the bike. He does hate the high rpm's at highway speeds, so he is going to change the front belt drive pulley. I let him take a ride on my Stryker. When he came back, he was all smiles. He just kept saying to me what a great bike I had. He loved it. Don't get me wrong he still loves his bike, however, given the choice back then he would have choosen a Stryker. Those were his words and not mine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,089 Posts
bivboys3 said:
My brother has a 09 Black 900 Vulcan and he really does love the bike. He does hate the high rpm's at highway speeds, so he is going to change the front belt drive pulley. I let him take a ride on my Stryker. When he came back, he was all smiles. He just kept saying to me what a great bike I had. He loved it. Don't get me wrong he still loves his bike, however, given the choice back then he would have choosen a Stryker. Those were his words and not mine.
almost gives you a warm fuzzy fealing inside doesnt it ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,199 Posts
I was riding a Honda VTX 1300 Retro when I first saw the Stryker. VTX went on Ebay the same day and Strker was picked up before the new owner of the VTX could make it to Atlanta from Kentucky. This is by far the best handling and best looking bike I have ever owned. That's after 20+ bikes have been in my garage over the last 25 years.
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top