Yamaha Star Stryker banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
This trip was not that expensive. I was getting 50 miles per gallon on the road and wound up spending around 450 bucks on gas alone. The hotels I was staying at along the way wound up costing me around 700 bucks though. I always tried to find the cheapest place around town and usually netted a room for 40 -60 bucks a night except at the Grand Canyon and Vegas. I remember always walking into the office while taking my helmet off and telling them "Give me your cheapest room, I'll take the handicapped room if I have to". I don't think I spent more than $1500 bucks for the whole trip. It was fun going to whatever restaurant looked fun and ordering whatever I **** felt like as if money wasn't an option.

I need to hit up the DPS one of these days and get my motorcycle license already.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
StrykenShane said:
Really awesome Celiblue, can't wait to do my cross country trip
Do you have anything planned out yet? I loved going through Arizona and want to do it again but I might head up north to Yellowstone next summer. I'm trying to convince my old man to get himself a bike so we could take this trip together. Now THAT, would be epic in my book.

·
Registered
19 Posts
StrykenShane said:
very impressive, I'm trying to put together a group ride from Atlanta to Vegas next spring, any takers?
Keep me in the loop. I get home from Iraq in Dec and I plan on purchasing a Stryker for me (fingers crossed) and a smaller cruiser for the wife. If it works out that would be an awesome ride!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yeah baby thats what its all about, just awesome pics, thank you, I hope you were able to tour the rock in frisco, it is an awesome tour, I like the pic you took of In and Out Burger, animal style, guess I know where Iam going for dinner.

·
Registered
743 Posts
celi, you're a nut bro!! awesome ass post man. i'm out here in NM and yeah it has rained the most this year since 2006. normally we don't get ANY rain as shown by my yellow/green grass. awesome story though, i really enjoyed the photos

·
Registered
574 Posts
Awesome, awesome, awesome! Thx for sharing! I;m actually planning a trip from Tampa FL to Moab UT next May with my sister and bro-in-law. Can't wait! I'll make sure I journal like you did!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Haha! I'm new to the site/bike, so thanks for the bump and letting me read your epic tale!

·
Registered
668 Posts
thanks for the bump, I've been hanging around here for over a year now and never saw this. very inspiring stuff, celiblue! and yes, CA/west coast women are something else but then again so are down south girls, love thier hospitality!...and them east coast girls, so much attitude!...and them up north girls, winter stinks but they know how to keep warm!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Great Story and ride. I'm here in Sacto,Ca and ride Hwy 1 every year. Between Monterey and San Luis Obispo is a must do (Sept/Oct is the best time). You came into Yosemite from the back side! Hwy 120 from 395 to 49 is a great road.
If anyone is doing Central Cal and need ride info contact me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
One **** of a trip man. DFW rider here. Been wanting to make that trip for years but the kids keep me pretty well grounded. Great pics, thanks for sharing.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts