Yamaha Star Stryker banner

2021 - 2040 of 9060 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Well gave her a proper bath shammied her down, now letting her drip dry so I can wax her ass up an make her all nice and perty again since I have neglected her for a few months lol

·
Registered
385 Posts
Rbeane60 said:
Just finished installing the Cobra Fi2000 Auto Tuner. Test rode around the block and it worked great, when it warms up later i will really test it out.
Now I am ready for the Cobra sweeps I am getting in Feb.
So how hard was it to disconnect and reconnect the the wiring/ I already have the pipes & powerflo intake installed. the CVT is next when I get a day off.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hivoltage said:
Rbeane60 said:
Just finished installing the Cobra Fi2000 Auto Tuner. Test rode around the block and it worked great, when it warms up later i will really test it out.
So how hard was it to disconnect and reconnect the the wiring/ I already have the pipes & powerflo intake installed. the CVT is next when I get a day off.
It is not as much hard as just a pain in the ass to do it. Make sure your tank is as low on fuel as possible, as you will have to lift up and keep the tank supported for a few of the connections under there. Otherwise, it is just a plug-and-play type of scenario. No soldering, etc. Just have to figure out which connections to use. I used a cut down 2x4 to use as a support for the tank. :)

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hivoltage said:
Rbeane60 said:
A pair of long nosed needle nosed pliers will be you best friend when sound this because there isn't much room to get your fingers in there and the front injector plug is a ***** to get off lol

T

·
0 Posts
And remember that the injector for the front cylinder is closest to the back of the bike.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Shoveled out my bike shed to get my batwing, l&m fender and l&m chin scoop and took them down for paint finally. I can't wait!

·
Registered
559 Posts
K9Stryker said:
Hivoltage said:
Rbeane60 said:
A pair of long nosed needle nosed pliers will be you best friend when sound this because there isn't much room to get your fingers in there and the front injector plug is a ***** to get off lol
YEah the pliers were needed. It wasn't hard just getting to the **** connectors.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Thinking of getting a power commander on the bike for this year. Is it worth it?

;D

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Only if you can afford a gen 3 or higher auto tuner and can afford to have it professionally mapped to your bike specifically. Anything less you are wasting money. If You do a thorough research on the subject you will understand why I've come to this conclusion.

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
jeff281 said:
mikoloe said:
NO! Stay away from the PCV. It costs more $$ than you know.
What do you mean? I have one now on my Stryker, fill me in. What do you know about the auto tuner?
I didnt say anything about an Auto tuner. A PCV is not an auto tuner.

2021 - 2040 of 9060 Posts