Yamaha Star Stryker banner

221 - 240 of 9060 Posts

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
ratboy said:
UrbanRage said:
I really like that swingarm bag, where did you get it? Does it move around lot or does if fit tightly against the swingarm. I have been looking around at swingarm bags and it that the 312 style bag seen here.. http://www.sideroadcycles.com/ImportedMotorcycles/Leatherworks/312_Chopper_Bag.html

Any info you could provide would be greatly appricated.
I got it locally at a place called Open Road Leathers here in Jacksonville, but it is exactly like this bag at J&P. http://www.jpcycles.com/product/831-260 It is designed to be attached with 4 straps around the swingarm - two from slots in the top and two from slots in the bottom. That method puts the swingarm in the middle of the bag, which is too low on the Stryker and would drag the ground on turns. So I attached only the bottom of the bag with the straps which raises it up higher. The top is bolted to the passenger peg bar which I extended with a metal bar I got at Home Depot. It is rock solid this way.
Thanks allot man!!! I am gonna have to pick one up.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
ratboy said:
Added a swingarm or chopper bag.

[/quote]
Well that takes care of that, what some are calling, ugliest swing arm in the neighborhood. lol.
Love your seat. What brand is it?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Toby said:
ratboy said:
Added a swingarm or chopper bag.
Well that takes care of that, what some are calling, ugliest swing arm in the neighborhood. lol.
Agreed! Covering up the swing arm with this bag is a great idea

·
Registered
130 Posts
Somebody asked for pic of the bag from the rear, so here it is. The other pic is how I attached it. You can see the bar and bag bolted to the passenger peg bar and if you look below at the singarm, you can see the straps from the bottom of the bag.

·
Registered
179 Posts
ratboy said:
Somebody asked for pic of the bag from the rear, so here it is. The other pic is how I attached it. You can see the bar and bag bolted to the passenger peg bar and if you look below at the singarm, you can see the straps from the bottom of the bag.

[img]
[/quote]

This bag is now on my wish list. Do you have a link to the exact bag you ordered?

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Saltyseafarer said:
StrykenShane said:
Saltyseafarer said:
The wife and I rode 50 miles one way down along the Intracoastal Waterway to Earl's Hideaway for lunch. Really tested the our new Scala Rider G4 headsets and had a blast with them. Then rode back . . . . me on my Stryker her on her Vulcan 900 (first bike ever). A really good day except it was a little hot. Sorry snowbirds but we were sweatin' and swearin' !
Most anytime Earl's looks like this . . . . .

A very good day
[/quote]

i got my scala g4 set today and it's charging as i write this, quick question, if i synch my iphone with the g4 will it automatically play music stored on the iphone thru the bluetooth or is there something special i need to do? looked in the manual and it doesn't really address this very well

Regarding the scala g4 powerset, do both headsets have the Bluetooth and work with your phone and have fm?
[/quote]

Yes the Scala's are bluetooth with FM stereo radio, mp3 input, work with our iphones flawlessly, if your phone has voice dialing the Scala supports it, the scala will pair with a bluetooth gps as well. The G4 is the "long range" headset Scala sez 1 mile, we easily get 1/2 mile or better on the open road. The noise cancelling these units have is impressive.
[/quote]

·
Registered
96 Posts
Got her out and polished/waxed. Getting ready for a ride with my old man this afternoon. It's supposed to hit 60 here today, so should be a nice ride! On another note, I ordered my Cobra Autotune module from my local shop yesterday @ $460.00 (can't beat the price). Will be here tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Drilled my exhaust today, only did 3 half inch holes for now. I used a magnet to get any shavings out of the pipes before starting it and I used black grill paint to cover the metal afterwards. I started it up after painting the holes and saw the engine light come on for a second but hasnt been back on since. I assume it was a mixture of gas and paint fumes that made it come on. Tomorrow is my day off and I'm hoping to see my Cobra Short backrest, yamaha engine guards, upper and lower belt covers from pacific coast and tank bib come in. Got my Wolo Bad Boy today but have to head into work soon, I'm debating it though since it is fairly big whether I want to put it on.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Changed the oil, and took her for a quick ride. The weather is warming up here in the mountains and I am getting spring fever...

·
Registered
956 Posts
Ordered Batwing and picked up sissybar which I'm heading out the door to install... ::)

·
Registered
768 Posts
Made up some cardboard windshields to try to determine what size I wanna put on top of the Batwing. I'm going with a 10" I think. If I want it shorter I can always cut the bottom.....hard to add on if I cut it too short.

221 - 240 of 9060 Posts