Yamaha Star Stryker banner

9001 - 9020 of 9060 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Coolant flush and refill with engine ice. O2 senser removed and bung installed. Yup. That's it

·
Registered
56 Posts
Installed ecu that has been flashed. Installed cobra power flo. Installed freedom performance sharp curves exhaust. Just gotta get rid of tank dents from previous owner and giver her fresh paint. Its been a good fathers day weekend. 20190615_181021_1560650314010.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Installed a cobra powrflo intake. Since i see thunderstorms in the forcast for the next week i will be pulling the ecu and sending it off to Ivan to get flashed.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Changed my old brake lines out to Spiegler black mesh lines, and installed speed bleeders. Total done about 4 hours (never did this before, and was dealing with a ****ty manual brake vac from HF, mityvac don't buy!). The biggest part was the rear lines as I took off my slip on cobra exhaust, and removed the bolts to the coolant reserve tank cover so I had room to work and secure the line.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Rode to a remote little village called Youbou. Ended up on a wet gravel road. Afterwards noticed that the muck spray had made it through the radiator cover and dented up some of the lower radiator fins :mad:

Headed to Home Depot and bought some aluminum screen metal sheet.

I cut out a section to fit inside the inner area of the radiator cover, drilled some holes in the plastic rad cover, painted the aluminum black and then zip tied it in behind the cover to prevent any muck from damaging the radiator in the future. Oh, and I also used an ice pick and straightened up the bent rad fins.

Can hardly see the addition.

I do wonder a bit about airflow, but can always just remove it if I need to.

·
Registered
25 Posts
AZ STRKR, What license plate mount did you get and did you mount it to the axle? Thanks.

Hi Chris, I went with the Krakor from: https://www.ebay.com/itm/162010842342

I liked the looks of this one over the metal stamped version. Because the mounting bracket is 7/16" thick I had to take it to a machine shop to have the axle hole milled (1/8" deep x 1 1/4" circumference) for about $40. This allowed the axle bolt head to sit deeper and the bolt threads to protrude far enough for the "gilligan" locking nut to grab.

Rather than an external bulb of some sore I chose to go with a curved LED illuminated frame: https://www.ebay.com/i/322373010090?_trksid=p11401.c100711.m5036&_trkparms=aid=111001&algo=REC.SEED&ao=1&asc=20170110121435&meid=5dafb028fe124bbd84adb807a1b277b4&pid=100711&rk=4&rkt=4&mehot=lo&b=1&sd=250924258033&itm=322373010090&ul_noapp=true The curvature is less so I had to secure the top and use longer bolts in the bottom along with a rag and vice grips to "form" the frame to the bracket.

Hope that makes sense. I've got the specs for my mod at work I can send if you like.

Holler if you have any questions.
Michael
Thanks AZ Stryker. I'll have yo see if that is an option for me as I look for a local machine shop. Mine is rigged where it gets in the way of my leather side bag opening up. I bought it like that.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Did a little 300km ride yesterday and then ordered a 23" scorpion sissybar from ginzchoppers.com like the one on this Raider (without the cross insert). I've now got something to look forward to - it takes 6 weeks to build, so I'm in anticipation mode... I'm kinda a sucker for sissybars

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Did a little 300km ride yesterday and then ordered a 23" scorpion sissybar from ginzchoppers.com like the one on this Raider (without the cross insert). I've now got something to look forward to - it takes 6 weeks to build, so I'm in anticipation mode... I'm kinda a sucker for sissybars

You'll love the quality of the sissybar but yes the waiting sucks.

·
Registered
‘13 Stryker
855 Posts

Great choice! I'm a little jealous! Wife asked me the other day about maybe getting a taller sissy. I have the yamaha tall but she would like the back pad up about two more inches. I really want to fab one myself, welding/cutting is not a problem, bending/forming is where I lack. I also don't want just a so so look.

This is a bit much however:

·
Registered
‘13 Stryker
855 Posts
Finally installed my SAE- USB hookup! Battery Tender brand.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Hope your ok. I stopped riding to work certain times of the year because of the amount of deer and turkey crossing the roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Hope your ok. I stopped riding to work certain times of the year because of the amount of deer and turkey crossing the roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Bought my second MCII 240. Got 20,000 km out of the first one which seemed OK. Also ordered a 30 tooth pulley and will get them done at the same time.

9001 - 9020 of 9060 Posts