Yamaha Star Stryker banner

9041 - 9060 of 9060 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Started it up for the first time this year.
Cycled the key 3 times and two seconds later it was purring like it would have on a summer day.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Cool! :thumb:

Would really like to see some pics of your exhaust when you get it done.
Yeah I started a thread in the DIY section of the forum, its got some videos. I am also working on trying to build a few different budget exhausts that I could "quick change". I mean slip-ons are nice kinda still expensive but cheaper than a full exhaust system. Plus if I can get similar performance results building my own for less everyone wins.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Started it up for the first time this year.
Cycled the key 3 times and two seconds later it was purring like it would have on a summer day.
fuel injection is nice, they normally fire right up with no issues. I wish I had fuel injection on my 94 Vmax 1200, lol. Fired it up yesterday for the first time since storing it over the winter. It came to life after some priming and a lot of choking (carb).

·
Registered
26 Posts
I replaced the belt-showing stock tire last week with a new MCII, removed the rear disc heat shield while I was at it, changed the oil and put on my finished $57BAK, then took it on a 400 mile ride and dropped it about 50 miles in :(

Unfamiliar road, questionable road surface, too much speed and a 90deg turn. Good news is I was pretty much stopped so I didn't dump it and slide, didn't scrape anything up, didn't tear up my $300 jacket or jack my helmet, but did ding my tank. SOB that was painful (to my pride)...

Still, wayyyyyyy looking forward to the season.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I replaced the belt-showing stock tire last week with a new MCII, removed the rear disc heat shield while I was at it, changed the oil and put on my finished $57BAK, then took it on a 400 mile ride and dropped it about 50 miles in :(

Unfamiliar road, questionable road surface, too much speed and a 90deg turn. Good news is I was pretty much stopped so I didn't dump it and slide, didn't scrape anything up, didn't tear up my $300 jacket or jack my helmet, but did ding my tank. SOB that was painful (to my pride)...

Sorry to hear that but glad you are OK. That feeling sucks but it happens.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thx. It sucks for sure, especially when you have 4 other bikes following and you're supposed to be "leading". Just glad one of the independent thinkers was behind me. There are a couple who may have done the exact same thing just because I did it lol.

·
Registered
26 Posts

**** that sucks!!! glad your ok, at least the bike is not really hurt and still rideable. Still early in the season plenty of time to ride.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thx for the support! I've realized I'm going to have to get the dent taken out to live with myself, so hoping it can be tapped out from the inside vs bondo/repaint. I removed the decals and was planning on airbrushing some ghost graphics on it, but if I end up repainting the tank I may as well do the rest of it and go crazy.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
So what you are saying is you wanted to paint everything and you gave yourself and excuse to do it. :wink:

·
Administrator
4,767 Posts
I replaced the belt-showing stock tire last week with a new MCII, removed the rear disc heat shield while I was at it, changed the oil and put on my finished $57BAK, then took it on a 400 mile ride and dropped it about 50 miles in /images/smilies/frown.gif

Glad you are OK. I know your ego is really hurt tho.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I recently removed the Scootmods forward control extensions and I'll tell you, the bike fits me so much better.
I originally installed them years ago because so many of us here were doing it... I guess I was following trends!
they are a really good product and I was hoping I'd love them but it made me feel like my feet were going to blow off the pegs at high speeds.
I'm not a tall guy (5'10") so I never really needed them.

I also (finally) got rid of the rim leak I've had since mounting the 240.
It would leak down to 20lbs or less in a few weeks and I always had to check it and add air before every ride. It's always ready to ride now!

I got Ivan's updated flash and removed my Cobra autotuner...
Honestly? it doesn't seem to start as effortlessly as it used to with the original flash and tuner, not really sure what's going on there yet but it does run strong as h3ll.
I considered sending it back to him to have him check it but money's tight and I'd be paying shipping both ways, again.:frown: Covid broke right now.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I recently removed the Scootmods forward control extensions

Thinking about removing them myself. Not so much for the comfort but because I just don’t like how much they stick out the sides and show so much. I wasn’t really uncomfortable with out them though.
Was it just and extension in the shifter side that had to be removed? I can’t find any original parts and scared i might have tossed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Great looking bike!

I recently removed the Scootmods forward control extensions and I'll tell you, the bike fits me so much better.
I originally installed them years ago because so many of us here were doing it... I guess I was following trends!
they are a really good product and I was hoping I'd love them but it made me feel like my feet were going to blow off the pegs at high speeds.

It would leak down to 20lbs or less in a few weeks and I always had to check it and add air before every ride. It's always ready to ride now!

Honestly? it doesn't seem to start as effortlessly as it used to with the original flash and tuner, not really sure what's going on there yet but it does run strong as h3ll.
I considered sending it back to him to have him check it but money's tight and I'd be paying shipping both ways, again.:frown: Covid broke right now.

Looks Awesome!! My Ivan Flashed ECU comes in the mail tomorrow!! Hey Adrenaline Revolution, what kind of bags are those? They look PERFECT on there!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Finished up my dual headlight conversion. Used the S&S Customs kit and replaced the Halogen headlights from the Kit with LED headlights. It was tricky to get them in the buckets, but for me it was worth it. I also installed a Dart Manta windshield and relocated my ignition to the left side.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,755 Posts

That bike sure does look good next to that chevelle!

9041 - 9060 of 9060 Posts