Yamaha Star Stryker banner
101 - 103 of 103 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
Since someone was kind enough to revive an old thread..... There is very little I can classify as a "flaw" on this bike (like most of us, I have ridden enough to know what I would be getting with the Stryker). One shortcoming that I didn't expect was the lack of inherent storage - This is the only bike I have ever owned that has virtually no space either under the seat or behind a side cover to keep things (wallet, tools, glasses, phone). I'm sure I could nitpick other things but like someone else mentioned, all bikes need personalizing. Overall I really like this bike, it ranks among my faves.

· Super Moderator
908 Posts
Having never owned a bike that has space under a seat or sidecover I guess I haven't thought of that. One thing I find a huge improvement is to have added the swingarm bag. Enough room for glasses, rags, pressure gauge and gloves. The other thing I throw in there is one of those little string backpack things... I can stuff some shopping crap in there and ride home. Adding a sissybar and some bungee netting gets me through most of the rest of what I need to haul home.

· Registered
63 Posts
Most of the bikes I've had were Suzukis, so maybe its a Yamaha thing. My last Yamaha was a Silverado with side bags, so I never noticed a lack of storage. I really just bought this one for cruising so I don't want to put bags on it. I really didn't want the sissy bar but the wife likes to ride, and the angle of this Stryker (along with peg placement) made her feel like she was going to fall off. I reversed the rear pegs to lower them, and added the luggage rack when I put the sissy bar on, so now I keep a small bag on the rack and we both are comfy.

101 - 103 of 103 Posts