Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Where has this site been for the past month!!

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  kcl-labrat 
#1 ·
Whats up guys and gals. My name is Wes. Had an R6 for about 4 years, sold it back in March. Tried giving up riding for a season, and yea, that lasted 3 months.... Always wanted a Harley before I was 30, and saw the Stryker, fell in love (its also half the price.) Went to the dealer wanting the black/black. Ended up leaving with a Blue/Chrome........Love the bike....

So far only mods are Cobra Swept exhaust (love it!) Been doing some research on how to get rid of that ugly ass rear fender plastic. Looks so horrible.... I see a lot of guys do the plate on the left side swing arm, but I think it would get trashed.....so I am not sure what I am going to do...

Anyways, Hi!

See less See more
#2 ·
Should also mention I am from CT

#4 ·
I didnt like the shade of Red on the Raven....and I hated Chrome, thats why I wanted the black, but I fell in love with the metallic flake....and I was sold. Kind of mad I didnt go with black pipes though....after I had the chrome, I saw a pic of the blue with black pipes, and it was awesome...

For $1K more, I could have bought the bike new with the OEM wheels chromed, but again, one more thing to polish....so I went with stock..

#7 ·
Oops...... well whatever the red one was, I thought it was hideous!

Im liking a lot of things I see around here though, the cheap mods to make it look good......

Been dragging my feet, but I need to remove all the Star decals, the Yamaha on the rear fender, and the warning sticker ont he tank...

#10 ·
SCHIMBO said:
the warning sticker is a pain to get off and very ugly. The red is "Reddish Copper"

glad to have you here. if you have any questions at all feel free to ask or you can always PM me.

Appreciate it....right now I am just laying low reading a lot of old posts...Dont want to ask repetitive questions and get hounded to "search noob" like some people do on my wheeling forum...

Even with a heat gun, the sticker on the tank is a PIA!? I figured the heat gun, and my buddies eraser wheel if there is any goop left, and you wouldnt even know it was there...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.