Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am shopping and it looks like the best deals to be had on older new hold overs are almost always White 2013s. I guess the white is not that popular. The White ones seem to be several hundred to thousands lower than Black etc. I haven't seen a White one in person. Anyone here ride White? My wife likes the White the best from the pictures I have found but I am leaning Matte Gray.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Silkentek rides a white stryker. Might want to hit her up.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I think it's a personal preference on color. But since you mentioned by local yamaha has only white 13' left over as well.

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
While its more work, its the best deal and eventually you could get whatever you want for basically free.
Take the white model and the better deal. Ride it for a season or so and if you still want a different color you basically have a prepaid paint job in any color or design you want. Plus if you scratch or drop it etc. you won't be nearly as upset :)

There are plenty of threads on paint but for 1500-2000 I would think you could get a really nice job. As I said though, there is the labor involved and downtime on your part. I have winter so downtime isn't a huge deal and you can rent a heater for a few days to make removing everything more pleasant. That way you can still ride to the very end of the season as well!

Personally white is not my favorite bike color but I think a bigger choice to make is if you want the blacked out version or not. Granted some parts can be plasti-dipped or replaced but others are a lot harder and/or costly. In other words, choose the more chromed or more blacked out first and then color. Just my .02 and another aspect to look at.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I have the white. I did swap out the stock chrome exhaust for a stock black exhaust (temporary until i can afford full system or slip on). stock airbag is gone with black cobra, installed bullet shield, i did have all the engine covers blacked out with plastidip but have since peeled it off and waiting for it to warm up again before i paint them again. also blacked out the ignition cover (which can't be see now with the bullet shield anyway) I personally liked the white and it was the first stryker i ever saw. There are not a lot of strykers out there and even fewer white ones. i don't see myself ever painting over it although the tank graphics are the one thing i never loved and can't be removed (easily) without probably damage to paint. In the end you have to go with what you like the most.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
IMO, White and chrome do not go together well. Kind of like a pickle and an Orange....
alone, they are great but together????
I've seen some very good looking "Murdered-out white bikes with everything blacked out.
Wheels, Air intake, pipes, bags, engine guard, etc...
If you like chrome, you wouldn't want the white one unless your plan is to get the white one cheap and get it painted.
I was able to paint my chin scoop with Color rite rattle cans and it turned out great!
NOTHING on this bike needs to be permanent other than the "Perma-Grin" you get while riding it!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've got the 2013 White Stryker and I love it. I came from a custom, blinged out harley with a bunch of chrome and swore I wound't get another bike with a bunch of chrome but I got it for 8K with zero miles. Hard to pass up. One of the guys at the dealer ship I bought mine from is powder coating everything chrome on the bike to black to match the frame for about $300 so it doesn't have to stay so blingy if you don't want it to.

·
Registered
148 Posts
It seems this is the color to get if you want the best deal. My friend has several multi brand dealerships. The white Stryker is the one that was hardest for him to get rid of.

He just blew out a 2013 white Stryker leftover, 0 miles, for $6,495 which is considerably less than I paid for my leftover 2012 in march of 2013. Somebody got a great deal on that bike.

I agree, if you get a good deal on a white, buy it and paint it like others have said. You should still come out ahead and have the ride looking the way you want.

I didn't like the look of the white with the chrome when I was shopping. Just my bias, nothing wrong with it at all. If I could have gotten the deal as I mentioned above, I would have bought the white, painted it and blacked it out without hesitation.

Just my two cents. Can't ride in the snow and slop here. Come on spring!

·
Registered
57 Posts
White just does not really look good on a bike in my opinion... But I've never seen a white bike with all blacked out accesories ,but a deal is a deal. It's only paint , and can be customized really easy. 2000 can go along way. That it is the only color that the stryker is in that I do not like.i was originally going to go with white for esay cleaning, but I kept going to the bike shop and my mind changed. And my hd buddies already give me a rough time , I didnt need to add white into the mix. As I'm the only guy in the club that has jap crap as this is what I hear all the time. But funny thing the guys sure like driving it...

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Most Star bikes are built in Santa Rosa Ca.
(so I hear anyway)
It really doesn't matter to me where they are built, What matters is they are affordable and have, for the most part, superior technology, ride, fuel economy, reliability, cheaper to maintain, Etc...
Anyone that would call these "Jap Crap" is both racist and ignorant if they feel the Japanese are somehow NOT kicking our azzes in manufacturing reliability.
We, as a country have lost our ingenuity and drive to become the best in cutting edge technology anymore... Harley Davidson is a perfect example.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am torn. I have found a couple of white ones for just under $7k that are new. Hard to pass that up. I guess I need to see one in person.

Paining one is an idea I hadn't really considered and I have a three to four month winter of non riding season.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a pearl white 2013. I was a hold over. Seemed they couldn't give it away. I put bags, a windshield and a backrest on it and it looks fantastic. Now that I have it I can't imagine riding another color!

·
Registered
6,755 Posts
most star bikes are built in santa rosa ca.
(so i hear anyway)
it really doesn't matter to me where they are built, what matters is they are affordable and have, for the most part, superior technology, ride, fuel economy, reliability, cheaper to maintain, etc...
Anyone that would call these "jap crap" is both racist and ignorant if they feel the japanese are somehow not kicking our azzes in manufacturing reliability.
We, as a country have lost our ingenuity and drive to become the best in cutting edge technology anymore... Harley davidson is a perfect example.

'hahahaha

·
Registered
77 Posts
I am shopping and it looks like the best deals to be had on older new hold overs are almost always White 2013s. I guess the white is not that popular. The White ones seem to be several hundred to thousands lower than Black etc. I haven't seen a White one in person. Anyone here ride White? My wife likes the White the best from the pictures I have found but I am leaning Matte

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hstead - I was actually looking at matted out Victories but couldn't find any in stock. Wandered into the Yamaha dealership and after seeing the matte gray Stryker and sitting on it, walking around it and looking at it from every angle, I was hooked. I've never seen a white one, but if the paint is anything like the deep pearl white on a Suzuki M109R, it's got to look good. Of course, as soon as I bought mine, I couldn't get the decals off fast enough and mount a new headlight.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I'm in the minority then cause I think the white with silver rims and chrome looks sharp as he'll. The blacked out just does nothing for the white bikes. I personally overpaid when I got mine cause I searched all over for the Raven '12 and here it is less than 2 years later and I'm painting it. Take the deal. Paint it later if you want. Like has been said, 2 grand goes a long way

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
47 Posts
I was considering a 2012 Red Stryker until the dealer told me he would sell me a 2013 White Stryker for $6900 out the door........and that included a tall Yamaha quick release windshield! Could not pass up the deal. White was not my first choice, but now I really like the color. Not too many white bikes out there. Go for the deal!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am shopping and it looks like the best deals to be had on older new hold overs are almost always White 2013s. I guess the white is not that popular. The White ones seem to be several hundred to thousands lower than Black etc. I haven't seen a White one in person. Anyone here ride White? My wife likes the White the best from the pictures I have found but I am leaning Matte Gray.
Hubby bought a white Stryker BY CHOICE and with my suggestion. It stands out....in a good way. Here in Wisconsin, home of Harley Davidson, his white bike gets more attention than most other bikes in a crowd. I now have a 2006 light blue and white RIDLEY Autoglide with WHITEWALL tires! Gorgeous! (See photo) We've never minded standing out in a crowd! Blessings always.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts