Yamaha Star Stryker banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
As I was riding towards Daytona Bike Week yesterday I got to thinking about the whole waving to passing bikers thing on event days. Is there a rule about how far away from a bike ralley event one should stop waving at passing bikers? If not, there should be. There is always that uncomfortable time period when I signal a wave and people don't wave back, so I figure it is time to stop But there are still dozens of riders who pass and wave then I look like a prick because there is not enough time to wave back before they pass.

·
Registered
741 Posts
So far the only ones that don't always wave are the baggers and I just figure they are upset that their backs and kidneys can't handle a smaller bike anymore and they are 1 step away from a trike :eek: lol

·
Registered
330 Posts
snowman68 said:
So far the only ones that don't always wave are the baggers and I just figure they are upset that their backs and kidneys can't handle a smaller bike anymore and they are 1 step away from a trike :eek: lol
Thats awesome! And I agree, baggers are the only one's that I have had an issue with as well! But when I see them and because of this thread I started carrying a canned air horn! So now when I see the baggers I get my canned air horn and sound it at them! Its great to see the different reactions!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
That's some funny shiz.
I think we should ad some new hand gestures with new meanings, like,
he wont wave back because,
too drunk to let go.
arms are numb
he's on a infieor bike.
Pissed off because his kid used up all his wax.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Do you guys wave while on the highway, or when passing someone? Those two I usually don't do, but I see some people do to me, and then I have "wave regret" :eek:

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
drizztbob said:
Do you guys wave while on the highway, or when passing someone? Those two I usually don't do, but I see some people do to me, and then I have "wave regret" :eek:
I always wave when I'm passing a bike, especially if it's a HD or a sport bike :eek:
But don't wave at on coming traffic when passing another vehicle. they usually honk at me though. ::)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Backroads always, highways most of the time. Never wave when I'm passing bikers... I don't know if there is a better feeling then blowing by some kid on a rice rocket on the Stryker ;D

·
Registered
355 Posts
Ronin said:
Backroads always, highways most of the time. Never wave when I'm passing bikers... I don't know if there is a better feeling then blowing by some kid on a rice rocket on the Stryker ;D
Love this one

·
Registered
354 Posts
Been mulling over the "Top Ten Reasons an X biker doesn't ride", thought that maybe we should come up with some good Stryker reasons.
I'll throw some out there

Top Ten Reasons Stryker Riders Don't Wave Back

1) Too busy looking at other bikes to see if there are any mods they haven't done yet to notice other riders
2) Too busy blowing past their husbands on their big ol raiders to wave <for you Dreadly>

and thats as far as I got looking for some help to finish this out

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yamaha Veno and a Yamaha Stryker how perfect would that look
The Yamaha Veno is a very nice scooter. I would say that the Stryker looks even better than it. It has all the features of a E-scooter and also has some added extras like an airbag, headlights, and rear view mirrors. So it would be ideal for you to get this bike if you are looking for something that can look great and is reliable as well.

I hope this answer was helpful!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree! Scooter waving does bring satisfaction! Its always great to put a smile on the less fortunate! My brother is a scooter guy and he love bein waved at by bikers!!!
I'm also agree with you.
Scooter waving is a simple action that can bring satisfaction. We have seen this in the movies and we are sure that most of us have done it too!

41 - 53 of 53 Posts