Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have 2012 Stryker didn't come with windshield but purchased a rifle boulevard windshield which is compatible to oem hardware but I need the fork mounts and the hardware that attaches to the windshield but can't find anywhere!

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
From what i understand you cannot buy the hardware separately for it. IOW, you would need to have the boulevard shield and its brackets (sold as a package) in order to mount the Rifle. Pretty sure this is what AR is using

·
Registered
57 Posts
you have to buy the factory windshield to get the brackets.i have the 17.5" rifle windshield myself . and I love it .

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
From what i understand you cannot buy the hardware separately for it. IOW, you would need to have the boulevard shield and its brackets (sold as a package) in order to mount the Rifle. Pretty sure this is what AR is using
Yep, You can't buy just the mount kit for the boulevard style windshield.
You didn'nt specify however if you have the Rifle boulevard style?
Rifle makes many shields and some even that will mount to the QC or solid mount full windshield mounts that Yamaha does sell separately.

The pics below are the Rifle 17" on the Yamaha Boulevard mounts...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how tall are you AR? I love the look of the 17" Rifle, just wondering how much wind it'd actually take away. I'm 6'4... really need a windshield this year for the longer rides.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Just out of curiosity, how tall are you AR? I love the look of the 17" Rifle, just wondering how much wind it'd actually take away. I'm 6'4... really need a windshield this year for the longer rides.
At 6'4" you're not going to get the protection I get from it.
I'm 5'11" but I get full coverage without buffeting at all.
For longer trips you're better off with a good aerodynamic full face with shield to keep your neck from getting worn out from fighting the wind.
(that, or slouch a lot!):madgrin:
I wouldn't want to go any higher though... The taller Rifle is as tall as I'd want to go before detracting from the look of the bike.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah I might have to slouch lol. I've got a full face.. the wind itself doesn't really bug me, but when my neck is getting thrown all around it starts to hurt after a bit lol. Might just go ahead and get the ugly ass OEM tall for the long rides, but make sure to get the q/r hardware for the shorter in town scoots.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Actually... I might just go ahead and get the rifle and oem boulevard... might not be as full protection as an OEM tall, but no argument that it looks better. It's actually cheaper to get the boulevard (for the mounts) and the 17" rife replacement, than it is to get the q/r OEM tall.. go figure...

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Actually... I might just go ahead and get the rifle and oem boulevard... might not be as full protection as an OEM tall, but no argument that it looks better. It's actually cheaper to get the boulevard (for the mounts) and the 17" rife replacement, than it is to get the q/r OEM tall.. go figure...
I think you'll like the set-up.
Besides, the QR hardware looks really bad (imo) when the shield has been taken off.
The Boulevard comes off with 2 screws witch is pretty dang QR in my book!
I originally bought the tall shield and QR hardware when I bought my bike and quickly returned it to the dealership when I realized how bad it looked!
... Again, just MY opinion, other results may vary!:nod:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Agreed. Ordered the Rifle last night, it'll get here long after my other shield is in... strangely enough, the two boulevards were still cheaper than the OEM q/r tall... and go figure, after a half week of riding it snows here again, lol. You guys are bad, making me spend money lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts