Yamaha Star Stryker banner

Windshield questions

9K views 34 replies 19 participants last post by  clar2001 
#1 ·
So does anyone know if a Memphis Shades Batwing will fit the Stryker? And how do most of you like the Boulevard on the bike? I've read a comment regarding there being issues with the Boulevard and fullface helmets. What's that about BEFORE I drop the cash for a Boulevard...

#4 ·
That's one of the reasons I'm curious about the Batwing fit up. I've contacted Memphis Shades and I'm still waiting for their reply. I know that on the VStar1300 their batwing did a great job of providing wind shear over the head even with a shorter windshield.

#9 ·
I'm seriously thinking about buying the Memphis Shades Batwing for a VStar 1100 (has fork clamps rather than bolt ons), but at 4 bills I don't want to waist that kind of cash. Maybe I'll head over to my dealer and measure out the forks between the two bikes to see if it's even possible.

#10 ·
The Memphis Batwing will not fit the Stryker according to them. I also email them asking this "

"I see that the bullet fairing is listed to fit the 2011 Star Stryker. I was
wondering if the batwing fairing will also fit the stryker. I don't see a
listing for it yet but will another mouting kit work or are you working on
one for the Stryker. Thanks"

Their response:

"I'm sorry but it will not.

Mary"

I have ordered the National Cycle QR deflector like another member has here. Waiting for the courier to deliver it before I can give my impressions.

#11 ·
Yeah Raven I called them yesterday and got the same answer. I'm going to measure out the front end on a VStar 1100 and see how close the measurements are. I have several friends that are engineers maybe we can work something out. Let me know how you like the National.

#14 ·
Raven said:
The Memphis Batwing will not fit the Stryker according to them. I also email them asking this "

"I see that the bullet fairing is listed to fit the 2011 Star Stryker. I was
wondering if the batwing fairing will also fit the stryker. I don't see a
listing for it yet but will another mouting kit work or are you working on
one for the Stryker. Thanks"

Their response:

"I'm sorry but it will not.

Mary"

I have ordered the National Cycle QR deflector like another member has here. Waiting for the courier to deliver it before I can give my impressions.
I have contacted just about everyone about the batwing for the Stryker. No one has made one and at this point no one is plaining to make one to fit it. I plan on getting the memphis shades one and trying my luck at making some custom brackets.

#15 ·
I am 5'8" and I love the Boulevard also and I wear a half helmet as well. Before I put this windshield on, I felt that the wind was going to knock me off of the bike above 75mph and that the wind was going to rip my helmet off of my head. Since, I put the windshield on, I have done 90-95 with no problem. The turbalance is not that bad. I love the wind in my face and so far the bugs have not been a big deal up here in Northern NJ. I hope that this helps.

#16 ·
Thanks for the input Bivboys3. I'm ordering the Boulevard today and we'll see.

Cuz I Ken: Let us know how it works out. I think a batwing will look awesome on the bike. I just don't want to dump 400$ on an experiment...yet! LOL

#24 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.