Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have changed my headlamp for an LED model, changed the taillight which is a bulb set up and they work fine. I sent the bike into my local garage to get the indicators sorted without success. They have tried 2 different sets of indicators, one universal set which is supposed to be compatible, which flash very fast and not fit for purpose and a stryker (1300 custom here in the UK) specific compatible set which don't work at all although work fine when they are tested on a 12v battery. I am not technically minded so any help as to how I can get the indicators to work would be much appreciated.
It's my first post on here so sorry if this is not the appropriate place to ask this question. All help much appreciated.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi, I have changed my headlamp for an LED model, changed the taillight which is a bulb set up and they work fine. I sent the bike into my local garage to get the indicators sorted without success. They have tried 2 different sets of indicators, one universal set which is supposed to be compatible, which flash very fast and not fit for purpose and a stryker (1300 custom here in the UK) specific compatible set which don't work at all although work fine when they are tested on a 12v battery. I am not technically minded so any help as to how I can get the indicators to work would be much appreciated.
It's my first post on here so sorry if this is not the appropriate place to ask this question. All help much appreciated.
You need to get "no load" or universal load led flasher.

This was the one i used when switching to led signals ans taillight/signal. Its adjustable to fine tune your flash speed. Its a 3 pin. Your factory flasher is behind the left side side cover where the seat key lock is. Youll need a security torx bit to remove it. The factory flasher is a 5 pin system. Youll need to make up a small jumper to hook your new flasher up. On the flasher the pins will be labeled.

This was the information i used to figure mines wiring out and it was extremely detailed and simple to do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts