Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that when I take my hands off the bars I get a bit of a wobble. Does anyone else have this issue? My tires are worn and I do plan on purchasing new ones in the spring. Could this be the problem or maybe a wheel balance issue?

·
Super Moderator
‘13 Stryker
916 Posts
I had this issue and found that I ended up putting double amount of Ride-on balancer in tire, aka balance issue. There is two roads on my daily commute that are a newer paved (year old) road and if I takes one hand off it starts to shake. This also was the same issue when I first got it back in 2014. It just happened on certain roads. I had wheels rebalanced quite a few times but still occurred on those two roads. Weird. Other things that could cause that is; wheel bearing going, steering stem out of spec, forks not properly aligned - this is only if you have removed or had them removed for seal replacement or rebuild. I did notice that at 29k miles the bearing while- no play - sound like they are going. And I plan to replace them over the winter.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice! I will be taking it in this spring for new tires so hopefully they will figure it out. I have noticed that it's worse on some road's verses others as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts