Yamaha Star Stryker banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All
I am looking for suggestions regarding drilled baffles on stock exhaust or slip on cobra exhaust. Which ones sounds better.
I've seen vance and hines twin slash on a Stryker but they are way too loud for me.
Appreciate your advice.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
i did the drilled baffles shortly after getting my bike and hated it. sounded like tin cans. IMO, the cobra slip on is the best bang for your buck. sounds much nicer giving you some volume as well as growl. I have since switched to the Cobra swept but only because i couldn't pass up the deal. They have more growl/rumble and i like the look. Can't go wrong with either.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I too drilled mine and it only hastened my purchase of a real exhaust. I have cobra swept pipes and they are loud but I ride with ear buds so I find them fine. Others may not.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the Cobra single exhaust. It's easy to install and is much louder than stock. But I got tired of the noise and switched back to the stock exhaust.

·
Administrator
4,767 Posts
I did not drill the baffles I gutted them and they were nice. I have been using the curburner and if you think the swepts are loud then mine are deafening. I see on your other post that you did the slip on. That is nice

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have cobra 2into 1slip on and am not 100% satisfied, though not unhappy. I’m looking for something equally louder but softer and lower in tone. The cobra has a sharp crack, at slow rpm, but a more pleasing rumble when getting on throttle in second and third gears.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Go with Vance & Hines, much more power & a great look.

The rear portion of stock exhaust weighs more than the entire V/H twin slash stagger system

After 2.5 years I made the plunge with V/H, do not regret it. Looks good, sounds incredible & took off about 25 lbs.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I gutted my factory pipe, sounds sweet. Nice and low, pleasantly loud. Kept the cat intact though, I had a buddy knock that out too and it didn't sound well...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I went with the cobra slip on and removed the heat shield from the remainding exhaust and had it heat resistant powder coated to 1200 degrees. The color is a perfect match. Combined with an aftermarket intake which I’m not too happy about. Sounded great until I back off the Throttle.
I had Mtech our local shop install the power commodoreV and dialed it in. Took most of the popping backfiring out. She was running way to lean. The power and torque is delivered right were she wants it. Now she screams like a scalded cat coming out of 2nd and 3rd gear.

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts